- Birth Date
- 7 March 1828
- Death Date
- 28 August 1906
John Hamaker Calvert
He was a member of the Mormon Battalion and traveled with one of the sick detachments. Upon his release, he proceeded to the Valley with the 1848 Heber Kimball Company.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 20
- Book of the Pioneers, Book 1, p. 132.
- "Death of John H. Calvert," Deseret Evening News, 1 September 1906, 23.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- First 100, schedules, 1848 July in Heber C. Kimball's 1848 emigration division in Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Heber C. Kimball journals, 1848 June-July and 1848 July-September, in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 13.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 110-115.
- "Now And Then," Salt Lake Telegram, 29 July 1926, 8.