- Birth Date
- 15 August 1786
- Death Date
- 30 December 1869
Samuel traveled to Utah as a returning Mormon Battalion veteran in the Mormon Battalion Sick Detachments in 1847. Samuel traveled between California and Utah a couple more times in the Amasa M. Lyman Company of 1850 and the Parley P. Pratt Company of 1852. The birth year listed is one he gave himself at the time of a temple ordinance.
In 1862, he was a returning missionary from the states.
- Age at Departure: 60
- Age at Departure: 64
- Age at Departure: 66
- Age at Departure: 75
- Returning Missionary
- Age at Departure: 70
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Andrew Jenson, "Gould, Samuel," Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia, Volume 3 (Salt Lake City, Utah: The Andrew Jenson History Company, 1971), 383.
- "Journal and Diary of Albert King Thurber," in Treasures of Pioneer History, 6 vols. [1952-57], 3:283-288.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- Pratt, Parley P., Autobiography of Parley Parker Pratt , 454-55.
- "Synopsis of the Fourth Hand Cart Company's Trip from England to G.S.L. City in 1856." In Historian's Office history of the Church, 1839-circa 1882, 9 November 1856, 966-83.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.