- Birth Date
- 20 February 1810
- Death Date
- 12 October 1863
Charles A. Hopkins
He was part of one of the Mormon Battalion sick detachments before he returned eastward. He crossed the plains again with the 1859 Benson company, in which he served as a captain of fifty.
Charles was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 22 June 1851 while a member of the Salt Lake City 7th Ward.
- Age at Departure: 37
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- "Died," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 November 1863, 140.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 12E.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 9.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Seventh Ward, Record of Members.