- Birth Date
- 18 October 1848
- Death Date
- 21 April 1924
Erwin Harlow Hutchings
The Hutchings family first arrived in the Valley in 1849. They began their journey with the Silas Richards family, but about mid-way, they left the company and went ahead on their own because of disagreements they had with others in the camp. The Hutchings name is not on the official company roster, but it appears in letters that were sent and journals kept referring to the group of people who left the camp.
FamilySearch shows his given name as "Ervin," with his birth date 18 October 1848. However, his death certificate shows his given name as "Erwin," and his "birth date as 17 October 1853. The inscription on his gravestone shows his birth taking place in August 1853.
- Age at Departure: Infant
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Augustus Farnham letter to Brigham Young, 25 August 1849.
- Idaho Death Certificates, 1938-1961.
- Silas Richards diaries, 1846 May-1855 July, Diary, 1849-1853, 1-36.
- Silas Richards letter to Brigham Young, 24 August 1849.
- Silas Richards reminiscences and journal, circa 1849-1871, transcribed by Ailcy C. Morrell, 4-12.