- Birth Date
- 27 July 1827
- Death Date
- 19 October 1880
Lisbon was a member of the Mormon Battalion Sick Detachment so he did not march all the way to California but passed through Pueblo Colorado en route to the Salt Lake Valley and arrived there with the 1847 Pioneer Company. He returned to Winter Quarters late that same year. He married Sarah Elinor Brown on 15 February 1849 at Kanesville, Iowa as reported in the Frontier Guardian newspaper on 21 February 1849. In the 1850 federal census he appears in both Iowa and Utah--in Iowa with his new wife and in Utah with his father's family. This is explained by the fact that the 1850 Utah census was not taken until early in 1851. Additional research is needed to identify the name of the pioneer company with which he crossed the plains.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 22
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frontier Guardian, 21 Feb. 1849, 2.
- Larson, Carl V. comp. A Database of the Mormon Battalion: An Identification of the Original Members of the Mormon Battallion (Salt Lake City: U.S. Mormon Battalion, 1997), 15.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.
- "Salt Lake Emigrants," Frontier Guardian, 21 Feb. 1849, 2.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.