- Birth Date
- 24 October 1803
- Death Date
- 16 October 1884
Peter I. Mesick
Peter first arrived in the Valley with the sick detachments of the Mormon Battalion. Shortly after arriving, he returned to Winter Quarters. He crossed the plains again in 1848 with the Richards company, in which he served as captain of the third ten.
- Age at Departure: 43
- Age at Departure: 44
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- "Deaths," Deseret News, 29 October 1884, 656.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 17.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- Rollins, James H., Sketches from camp journal of Pres. Amasa Lyman's Company [24 July 1848 report], in George Albert Smith, Papers, 1834-1882, box 4, fd. 11.
- Treasures of Pioneer History, 4:511.