- Birth Date
- 25 April 1818
- Death Date
- 3 July 1891
Harmon Dudley Pierson
Harmon first arrived in the Valley with the sick detachments of the Mormon Battalion. Shortly after arriving, he returned to Winter Quarters. He crossed the plains again in 1850 with his family in the Snow/Young Company, in which he served as a captain of ten. On that roster, his surname appears as "Persons."
- Age at Departure: 29
- Age at Departure: 32
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Angelina C. Farley diaries, 1847-1888, 32.
- Gardner Snow record and account book, 1847-1869, Record, 1850.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 13.
- Luke W. Gallup reminiscences and diary, 1842 May-1891 March, 122-41.
- Martin Henderson Harris, A Utah Pioneer: His Life, Labors, and Posterity (1952), 17.
- Minerva J. Stone letters, 1850-1851.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- Snow, Gardner, to First Presidency, 28 Aug. 1850, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 31, box 22, fd. 3.
- Snow, Gardner, to To Whom It May Concern, 28 Aug. 1850, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 31, box 22, fd. 3.
- William Snow journal, 1832-1833 and 1850, 3-8.