- Birth Date
- 27 February 1799
- Death Date
- 24 June 1850
Abel Morgan Sargent
He first arrived in the Valley with the sick detachments of the Mormon Battalion. Shortly after arriving, he returned to Winter Quarters. He crossed the plains again in 1850 with the Johnson Company. His daughter Caroline also traveled with the Sick Detachments in to Utah but is listed on the "Names of Pueblo soldiers and Mississippi brethren" list with her married sister, Martha Mowry, and niece, Sara Ellen Sharp.
- Age at Departure: 48
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 51
- Died en Route
- "From the Valley," Frontier Guardian, 8 January 1851, 2.
- Jacob Hamblin papers, 1850-1877, Autobiography and journal, 1850 June-1854 April, 1870 April.
- Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 3:211.
- Names of Pueblo soldiers and Mississippi brethren
- Nauvoo Temple Endowment Register.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.