- Birth Date
- 16 March 1801
- Death Date
- 19 February 1883
Joel Judkins Terrell
Joel was a member of the Mormon Battalion Sick detachment. He was a 3rd Sergeant and was re-baptized in the Salt Lake Valley on 8 August 1847. By 16 April 1854 he was at Mound Fort (Ogden,) Utah. He was a member of the 23rd Quorum of Seventy. His birth and death dates are confirmed by his gravestone.
Captain of Fifty in the 1850 Warren Foote Company.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Age at Departure: 49
- Age at Departure: 52
- Company Captain
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Gilbert Belnap autobiography, 1856.
- Hill, William John, [Autobiography], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 32:82-83.
- "Joel J. Terrell," Ogden Standard Examiner , 26 Feb. 1883, .
- Joel J. Terrell diary, 1846 July-1847 July.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 15.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- Watt, Ronald G., Consecration Deeds Index, 1854-1868.