- Birth Date
- 5 September 1818
- Death Date
William Reed Stockbridge Warren
Traveled in the McBride company with his wife, Elizabeth Davis Warren, and their children. The Warren family was living in Utah in 1860, according to census records. Several years later, he captained an out-and-back company in 1864. Page 204 of "Account book 1863-1864" confirms he was assigned to help with the 1864 emigration season, sent from the Parowan Ward.
He crossed the plains again as a returning missionary in 1867. Further research is needed to determine which company he traveled with then.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 45
- Company Captain
- Age at Departure: 48
- Returning Missionary
- 1860 Utah Census.
- “Account book, 1863-1864” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868.
- Adams, William, Autobiography of William Adams, 1822-1894, 27-28.
- Bliss, Orley Dewight, Reminiscences and diary, 1864 May-1865 Jan., [2-26].
- Edwards, Elizabeth. "Biography" in Biographies of Elizabeth Edwards Hanks, Pioneer of 1864, Sarah and Morgan Edwards, Pioneer of 1864, and George William Hanks, Pioneer of 1857, Ilene Hanks Kingsbury (Salt Lake City, Utah: privately printed, ).
- Fletcher, Eliza Duncombe, Life of Eliza Duncombe Fletcher, 1. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Hanks, Eliza Edwards, [Diary excerpt], in Josephine Peterson Hanks, Biography of William David Hanks, 4.
- Jones, John Lee, Reminiscences [ca. 1900-1926], 12-14.
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- Maine Births and Christenings, 1739-1900.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Pratt, Parley P. to George A. Smith, 30 April 1855, "Elders' Correspondence," Deseret News [Weekly], 22 August 1855, 190.
- William McBride journals, 1854-1855; 1874, vol. 2.