- Birth Date
- 11 September 1820
- Death Date
- 6 December 1888
He made his way to the Valley the first time from California as a returning Battalion veteran. He continued on to the East and crossed the plains again with the 1851 Cummings company. Company records indicate his traveling group consisted of eight people. He served as captain of the guard in the Cummings company.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Age at Departure: 30
- Alfred Cordon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- Carter, Kate B., The Mormon Battalion , p. 106
- John D. T. McAllister journals, 1851-1906, Reminiscences, 1851-1853, 6-7.
- "Names of men who wish for land to cultivate who came from California with Jonathan H. Holmes," Land records, circa 1847-1860, Salt Lake (County) Recorder's Office land records, circa 1847-1860.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 222-23.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.