- Birth Date
- 30 April 1827
- Death Date
- 1 January 1859
William H. Beers
Son of Susannah Gazey Beers Neff. William was the husband of Mahetable Maria Bennett Beers. He was a member of the Mormon Battalion and traveled from California to Utah in 1848. In the 1852 Bishop's Report he was in Pleasant Grove Utah. He sold land in Salt Lake City 23 September 1853. It appears that he and his family moved to California by 1857 where a son was born. In some sources his surname is spelled "Beere" in others "Beirs.
- Age at Departure: 21
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- Bates, Joseph William, Autobiography, 3, in Harriet May Bates Francom, [Biographical sketch of Joseph W. Bates, n. d.].
- John Borrowman diaries, 1846-1860, Diary, 1848 July-1860 June.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 , , 222-23.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.
- Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Deed book A, 1850-1859.