- Birth Date
- 9 August 1831
- Death Date
- 22 October 1880
Zemira had marched all the way to California with the Mormon Battalion as a young aide. He was the son of Phebe Draper Palmer Brown who also traveled with the Battalion. In 1848 Zemira traveled from California to Utah with his mother and stepfather Ebenezer Brown and other returning Mormon Battalion veterans.
He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 17
- Age at Departure: 25
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- John Borrowman diaries, 1846-1860, Diary, 1848 July-1860 June.
- "Obituary," Deseret News [Weekly], 17 Nov. 1880, 672.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 , , 222-23.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, , 70, 223.