- Birth Date
- 1 October 1811
- Death Date
- 17 July 1895
Thomas Norton King
The King family is seen in the 1850 Iowa census, enumerated on 4 October 1850. First documentation to place them in the Valley is Thomas' rebaptism in the Utah Stake City Ward on 1 January 1852, proving that they traveled to Utah in 1851. His son Leander's obituary confirms the family's year of travel. Further research is needed to identify the name of the company they traveled with.
At some point Thomas made the trip to California. His return trip was with Parley P. Pratt's 1855 company.
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 43
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County.
- Find a Grave
- "Pioneer of Provo Dies: Leander King, Well-Known Provo Fisherman, Responds to Last Summons," Provo Herald, January 1925.
- Pratt, Parley P., "Correspondence," Deseret News [Weekly], 22 August 1855, 192.
- Pratt, Parley Parker, Journal, 1855 Jul-1856 Mar.
- Provo Utah Central Stake general minutes, 1849-1977, Volume 9, 1849-1858, 1866-1872 (Utah Stake City Branch record of members).