- Birth Date
- 28 July 1812
- Death Date
- 27 June 1897
Asahel Goodrich Talcott
Asahel initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley as a Captain of Ten in the Ezra T. Benson Company in 1849. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database and the Patriarchal Blessing Index.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Age at Departure: 44
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 12F.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 9.
- Patriarchal Blessing Index, 1833-1971. (Closed to Research)
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 110.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.