- Birth Date
- 29 September 1801
- Death Date
- 14 September 1851
En route from Mississippi to the Great Salt Lake Valley in 1846 James and his family stopped at Pueblo, Colorado for the winter. In 1847 they continued on in company with members of the Mormon Battalion Sick Detachment under the leadership of James Brown (see the Book of the Pioneers entries for sons James Bartlett Harmon, John Taylor Harmon and daughter Josephine Evans--vol. 1, p 226, 304 and 305.) Their father (James) was rebaptized at Salt Lake City 6 August 1847 but died at Auburn, California.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- Book of the Pioneers, Book 1, p. 304.
- Book of the Pioneers, Book 1, p. 305.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 341.
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900
- William D. Kartchner reminiscences and diary, 1878-1884, 27-32.