- Birth Date
- 8 January 1805
- Death Date
- 28 November 1878
His initial trip was in 1850, but he returned to the east in both 1851 and 1852. In 1851, he is seen with a handful of other men, accompanying a new federal judge back to the Valley, and in 1852 he finally and brought back his family with him. In that last trip, as reported in newspaper sources, his traveling group consisted of "3 males, 2 females and 5 children." This trip is also mentioned in the obituary of his daughter, Laura.
The family's arrival in Utah in 1852 is confirmed by the obituaries of Orson's wife, Marinda and his son Alonzo.
- Age at Departure: 45
- Company Captain
- Age at Departure: 46
- Company Captain
- Age at Departure: 47
- Head of Household
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- "20th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- "A. E. Hyde Found Dead at Home," Salt Lake Telegram, 8 June 1910, 1.
- "Another Pioneer Joins Majority," Inter-Mountain Republican, 11 Aug. 1909, 10.
- Bee, Richard John Moxey, Autobiography [ca. 1908], 12-17.
- Bentley, Richard, Autobiographical sketch, 10.
- Carling, Isaac V., [Diary], in Elda Mortenson, comp., Isaac V. Carling Family History , vol. 1, 48-55.
- Clark, Edwin Watkin, [Autobiography], in Edna J. Gregerson, comp., The Mellors Through the Years , 660-61.
- "Correspondence of the Frontier Guardian," Frontier Guardian, 22 January 1851, 2.
- Deseret News [Weekly], 19 August 1851, 308.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "From the Plains," Frontier Guardian, 4 September 1850, 2.
- George Mason autobiographical sketch, circa 1883, 1-3.
- Harris, George Henry Abbott, Journals, 1850-1854; 1872-1876, 51-69.
- Huntington, Oliver Boardman, Diary and reminiscences, 1843 June-1900 Jan., 80-81.
- Joseph Ellis Johnson diary excerpts, in J. E. J. Trail to Sundown (1961) by Rufus David Johnson, 124-26.
- Joseph Ellis Johnson letter to Beloved Friends in J. E. J. Trail to Sundown (1961) by Rufus David Johnson, 121-24.
- Joseph Ellis Johnson letter to Distant Friends in J. E. J. Trail to Sundown (1961) by Rufus David Johnson, 116-19.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 123.
- "Obituary," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 25 March 1886, 8.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1186, Ledger A, p. 88.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Williams, Henrietta Elizabeth Crombie. "A Sketch of Henrietta Elizabeth Crombie Williams," in Journal of Enoch Burns, 7-13.