- Birth Date
- 10 January 1825
- Death Date
- 3 February 1906
Henry S. Dalton
Henry (some sources call him "Harry"), was born at Wysox, Bradford County, Pennsylvania. He was a member of Company C of the Mormon Battalion and a member of the Willis Sick Detachment that traveled from Pueblo, Colorado to Salt Lake City. He was re-baptized at Salt Lake City on 8 August 1847. At the time of the 1856 Utah Territorial census he was in Fort Union, Salt Lake County; in the 1870 and 1900 federal censuses he was in Kanosh, Millard County, Utah and this is where he died (according to his death certificate.) He is buried in the Kanosh, Utah cemetery.
- Age at Departure: 32
- Age at Departure: 22
- 1850 Utah Census, Davis County.
- 1870 Utah Census, Millard County.
- 1880 Utah Census, Sevier County.
- 1900 Utah census, Millard County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Kanosh: Henry Dalton Dead," Deseret Evening News, 7 February 1906, 11.
- Larson, Carl V. comp. A Database of the Mormon Battalion: An Identification of the Original Members of the Mormon Battalion (Salt Lake City: U.S. Mormon Battalion, 1997), 77.
- Members of the Mormon Battalion.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Richards, Henry Phinehas, Diary, fd. 3, in Papers, 1854-1900.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 , , 24, 245.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Thomas Rhoades company roster 1849 July 14. (MS 15995)
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Utah Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, 1847-1966.