- Birth Date
- 21 February 1822
- Death Date
- 10 October 1905
Reddick Newton Allred
Redick traveled to Utah as a returning Mormon Battalion veteran in the Levi W. Hancock/Jefferson Hunt/James Pace/Andrew Lytle Company in 1847. He then marched back to Winter Quarters to his family.
In 1849, he traveled with his family to Utah in the Allen Taylor Company and served as a Captain of Fifty.
At the end of a mission to the Sandwich Islands, he traveled home with the William McBride Company in 1855 as indicated in his diary.
He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 25
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 33
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 34
- Adams, William, [Autobiography], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 32:11-12.
- "Allen Taylor's 100, first 50, report, 1849 September 3." In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849. (MS 14290, Reel 3, Box 2, Folder 40)
- Allred, Redick Newton, Autobiographical sketch and diary 1898-1903, reel 9, item 3, vol. 3, 21-23.
- Allred, Redick Newton, Journals, 1852-, reel 9, vol. 2.
- David Moore collection, 1843-1921, Meeting minutes, 1849.
- David Moore writings, circa 1860, 45-54.
- George C. Lambert diaries, 1866-1912, 7.
- James Pace papers, 1846-1861, Diary, 1846 July-1847 October, 53-66.
- John M. King diaries, 1845-1850, Diary, 1847 May-November.
- Jones, Albert William, Notes [ca. 1918].
- Jones, Daniel W., Forty Years Among the Indians (1890), 62-75.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 3.
- Levi W. Hancock papers, 1832-1878, Journal, 1846 September-1847 October.
- Martha M. Morgan, A Trip Across the Plains in the Year 1849 with Notes of a Voyage to California by Way of Panama (Fairfield, Washington: Ye Galleon Press, 1983), 7-20.
- "Names of Persons Who Volunteer to Go as Teamsters." Offerings for the assistance of the P. E. F. immigrants, 1856 October. Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Pratt, Parley P. to George A. Smith, 30 April 1855, "Elders' Correspondence," Deseret News [Weekly], 22 August 1855, 190.
- Reddick N. Allred autobiographical sketch and diary, 1898-1903 in Daughters of Utah Pioneers collection, 1828-1963, 37-38.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 , , 180.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.
- “Robert Newton Egbert of Lewiston Among the Oldest Pioneer Residents There,” The Journal, 15 January 1927, p. 11.
- Spencer, Claudius to Brigham Young, 12 November 1856. Brigham Young office files 1832-1878, General Incoming Correspondence.
- Utah, Early Mormon Missionary Database
- Utah Death Certificates.
- William McBride journals, 1854-1855; 1874, vol. 2.