- Birth Date
- 28 April 1799
- Death Date
- 23 March 1879
Sessions initially emigrated to the Valley in 1847, but then returned to Winter Quarters to retrieve his family in 1850. In that company, he served as a captain of 50.
- Age at Departure: 48
- Age at Departure: 51
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Charles R. Dana papers, 1847, 1859, 82-86.
- "Emigration," Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star, 15 August 1850, 252-53.
- John H. Redd diary, 1850 June-August.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 5.
- Levi W. Hancock papers, 1832-1878, Journal, 1846 September-1847 October.
- Lucinda Haws Holdaway reminiscences. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection." Some restrictions apply.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.