- Birth Date
- 12 December 1810
- Death Date
- 22 October 1890
Elisha Averett Sr.
Twin brother of Elijah Averett. He made his first trip to the Valley in 1847, coming east from California with a number of other Mormon Battalion veterans. At some point, he continued east to Winter Quarters because he seen crossing the plains again in 1849 with the Smith/Jones Company, in which he served as captain of a hundred.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Age at Departure: 38
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- "Another Pioneer Gone," The Wasatch Wave , 10 May 1912, .
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- David Pettegrew, "A History of David Pettegrew," in Autobiographical sketches and selected diary entries in David Pettegrew papers, 1840-1857.
- Isaac Clarke Emigrating Company journal, 1849 July-October.
- James Pace papers, 1846-1861, Diary, 1846 July-1847 October, 53-66.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 6.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 8B.
- Larson, Carl V. comp. A Database of the Mormon Battalion: An Identification of the Original Members of the Mormon Battallion (Salt Lake City: U.S. Mormon Battalion, 1997), 15.
- Levi W. Hancock papers, 1832-1878, Journal, 1846 September-1847 October.
- Lucy Meserve Smith papers, 1848-1892 Family history and autobiography, 1889 June, 28-37.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 , , 180.
- U. S., Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925-1963.
- "Veteran Laid to Rest," Deseret Evening News , 5 Nov. 1890, 3.
- William I. Appleby autobiography and journal, 1848-1856.