- Birth Date
- 1 August 1813
- Death Date
- 12 December 1881
Elizabeth was a widow, and her husband died in Kanesville before the company departed. Her birth and death dates are confirmed by her obituary.
The family sailed to America in 1849 on the ship Zetland. She and her children traveled in the Ezra T. Benson Company with her sister Ann White Gunnell and brother-in-law John Gunnell.
In 1850 she married Benjamin Clegg, and she and her children are listed with him in the 1850 Utah census.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- "Died," Deseret News, 21 December 1881, 752.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 12C.
- "Obituaries," Woman's Exponent, 1 January 1882, 117.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America