- Birth Date
- 25 January 1832
- Death Date
- 31 March 1920
Circumstantial evidence proves he came to Utah in 1854. He emigrated from England in 1854 and his wife bore a child in Utah in early 1855. Further research is needed to determine the name of the pioneer company he traveled to Utah with.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by his death certificate and the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 22
- Charles Monk, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- Find a Grave
- Monk, William Thomas, Autobiographical sketch, vol. 2, 1, in William Thomas Monk, Diaries, 1888-1907.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 123.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 56.
- "Pioneer Utahn Dead," Salt Lake Herald, 2 Apr. 1920, 5.