- Birth Date
- 1 August 1822
- Death Date
- 17 November 1901
Edward Bunker Sr.
Edward initially came to Utah in 1847, served as a Captain of Ten in the 1850 Aaron Johnson Company, and in 1856 he was a returning missionary and served as the captain of the company.
- Age at Departure: 25
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 33
- Company Captain
- Attley, Henry William, Reminiscences, in Papers, 1858-1910.
- Bunker, Edward, Autobiography, 1894, 22-23.
- Daniel Spencer letter to Franklin D. Richards printed in "Foreign Correspondence," Millennial Star, 2 August 1856, 489-90.
- Early Missionary Database
- Edward Bunker autobiography, 1894, 13-14.
- Edward Bunker autobiography, 1894, 19-20.
- Evans, Priscilla Merriman, Autobiography [ca. 1914], item 2, 39-41.
- George W. Turner autobiography and minutebook, 1871-1887, 121-23.
- Grant, D[avid] to William G. Noble, 30 Aug. 1856, "Foreign Correspondence," Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star , 29 Nov. 1856, 767.
- Hyde, Elizabeth Lane, "Autobiagraphy [sic] of Elizabeth L. Hyde," Woman's Exponent , 15 Aug. 1896, 29.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 3.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 180.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- Parry, John, Reminiscences and diary, 1857 Mar.-1867 Sept., 55-60.
- Roberts, Robert D., [Reminiscences], 80, in Joel Ricks, "Memories of Early Days in Cache County," in Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Salt Lake City, Utah, Scrapbooks.
- Roberts, Robert David, Autobiographical sketch, in Robert D. Roberts, Papers of the Roberts Family Association.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- William Woodward letter to Heber C. Kimball, 11 June 1856.
- Woodward, W., to Albert Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 12 Sep. 1906. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914, fd. 2.