- Birth Date
- 25 May 1806
- Death Date
- 22 January 1901
He made his first trip to the Valley in 1847, coming east from California with a number of other Mormon Battalion veterans. At some point, he continued east to Winter Quarters because he seen crossing the plains again in 1849 with the Allen Taylor Company, in which he served as captain of ten.
- Age at Departure: 41
- Age at Departure: 43
- Allen Taylor's 100, report, circa 1849 October.
- David Moore collection, 1843-1921, Meeting minutes, 1849.
- David Moore writings, circa 1860, 45-54.
- James A. Little autobiography, undated, 78-80.
- John Taylor letter in From Kirtland to Salt Lake City (1890) by James A. Little, 142-43.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.