- Birth Date
- 22 February 1814
- Death Date
- 4 September 1902
Thomas Charles Davis Howell
Thomas initially traveled to the Salt Lake valley in 1847, but after returning east for his family he in 1852 captained his own company, bringing his family and additional members of the church to Utah. His death date is from a document found in his "memories" section on Family Tree wherein the government pension office dropped him from his military pension.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 38
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- "21st Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- "3rd Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 September 1852, 2.
- Condie, Gibson, Reminiscences and diary, 1865-1910, 33-35.
- Find a Grave
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 12.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 16.
- "Local and Other Matters," Deseret Weekly, 27 March 1897, 460.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- Osborn, David, Autobiography 1860, 48-49.
- Osborn, David, Reminiscences and journal, 1860-1893, 23-25.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- "Pioneer Reminiscences," Deseret Weekly, 24 July 1897, 187-188.
- Seymour, Charles William, Journal and reminiscences [ca. 1880-1906], 80-82.
- Tanner, Rebecca Estella Moore, Children on the Trail, 1- 2. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Weight, Frederick, A short history of the life of Frederick Weight by himself [ca. 1895], 9-10.
- Willden, Feargus O'Connor, Autobiographical sketch, 2, in [Compiled information regarding Feargus O'Connor Willden and the Willden family, n.d.].