- Birth Date
- 17 December 1831
- Death Date
- 19 December 1892
William Henry Shearman
Shearman made his initial trip to the Valley from California in the 1850s, most likely 1857. That year he traveled with Henry Boyle from San Juan California down to San Bernardino. At that point, the Boyle Company was dissolved. Many of the people continued on to the Valley with the 1857 Crow company. This is likely when Shearman first went to Utah as well, but further research is needed to confirm that.
At the end of a mission to England, he traveled home with the Daniel D. McArthur Company in 1868 as indicated in Daniel Duncan McArthur’s 1868 memorandum book.
- Age at Departure: 25
- Age at Departure: 33
- Age at Departure: 36
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Captain D. D. McArthur, memorandum book, 1868.
- "Death of W.H. Shearman," Salt Lake Tribune , 20 Dec. 1892.
- Frederick W. Hurst autobiography and diaries, 1855-1877, Journal, 1857 April-1860 April.
- Henry G. Boyle reminiscences and diaries, 1846-1888, folder 1, 137-56.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Reynolds, George, Journals, 1861-1881, vol. 4.
- "The Late W. H. Shearman," Deseret Evening News, 24 December 1892, 4.
- "The Late W. H. Sherman," Deseret Weekly, 31 December 1892, 48.