- Birth Date
- 23 September 1809
- Death Date
- 13 November 1855
John Morris King
He made his first trip to the Valley in 1847, coming east from California with a number of other Mormon Battalion veterans. At some point, he continued east to Winter Quarters because he seen crossing the plains again in 1852 with the Tidwell Company, in which he served as captain of the second ten. He was accompanied by his family.
- Age at Departure: 37
- Age at Departure: 42
- Head of Household
- "5th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 5th Company of 50 report, 1852 September 14.
- Charles Sansom autobiography, 1907, 12-80.
- Council Point Emigrating Company journal, 1851 November-1852 September.
- "Died," Deseret News, 21 November 1855, 296.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George K. Bowering journal, 1842 July-1875 January, 79-118.
- John M. King diaries, 1845-1850, Diary, 1847 May-November.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 26.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- Reddick N. Allred autobiographical sketch and diary, 1898-1903, 21-23.