- Birth Date
- 22 September 1813
- Death Date
- 21 June 1849
He made his first trip to the Valley in 1847, coming east from California with a number of other Mormon Battalion veterans. At some point, he continued east to Winter Quarters because he seen crossing the plains again in 1849 with the Gully/Spencer Company, accompanied by his family.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Found on a Grave," Frontier Guardian, 19 September 1849, 3.
- Gully, Samuel, to Brigham Young, 3 July 1849, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 30, box 21, fd. 15.
- Reuben Miller journals, 1848-1849, Journal, 1849 June-September.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.
- "The Mail Arrived from the Salt Lake," Frontier Guardian , 5 Sep. 1849, 2.