- Birth Date
- 1 February 1818
- Death Date
- 6 November 1888
David Pinkney Rainey
He made his first trip to the Valley in 1847, coming east from California with a number of other Mormon Battalion veterans. At some point, he continued east to Winter Quarters because he seen crossing the plains again in 1856 with the Merrill Company, accompanied by his wife.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Age at Departure: 38
- Head of Household
- "Death of a Veteran," Deseret News [Weekly], 28 Nov. 1888, 729.
- "Emigrants for Utah," Deseret News, 6 August 1856, 8.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- John M. King diaries, 1845-1850, Diary, 1847 May-November.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 , , 180.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.