- Birth Date
- 26 February 1815
- Death Date
- 22 January 1894
Levi, his wife Harriet, children Henry and Caroline sailed to America in 1841 on the ship Echo.
He made his first trip to the Valley in 1847, coming east from California with a number of other Mormon Battalion veterans. At some point, he continued east to Winter Quarters because he seen crossing the plains again in 1850 with the Snow/Young Company, accompanied by his family.
- Age at Departure: 32
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Davis County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Luke W. Gallup reminiscences and diary, 1842 May-1891 March, 122-41.
- "Obituary Notes," Deseret Evening News , 30 Jan. 1894, 5.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 , , 180.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.
- Snow, William, Journal, 1832-1833 and 1850, 3-8.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.