- Birth Date
- 30 March 1805
- Death Date
Seeley traveled to the valley in Brigham Young's 1847 company and was part of the 6th Company of Ten led by Charles Shumway. In the 1850 Utah census his name is Seeley "Owens." There is documentation of his residence in Utah up until 1870. His birth date and death date come from a personal, online family history source without accompanying documentation. Further evidence is needed to confirm their accuracy.
He was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 8 August 1847.
In 1866 he lived in the Provo Ward.
- Age at Departure: 42
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1856 Utah Census.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.