- Birth Date
- 19 November 1825
- Death Date
- 23 December 1917
Luther Terry Tuttle
He first traveled to the Valley from California as a returning Battalion veteran. At some point, he continued east because he is seen crossing the plains again with his family in either 1863 or 1864. First documentation to place him in the Valley after this trip is the birth of a child in August 1865 which was prior to the arrival of that season's emigration. Further research is needed to narrow the year of their travel.
- Age at Departure: 21
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- Head of Household
- 1860 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County
- 1870 Utah Census, Sanpete County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- James Pace papers, 1846-1861, Diary, 1846 July-1847 October, 53-66.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages;hronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 193
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 180.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.