- Birth Date
- 2 July 1792
- Death Date
- 30 November 1869
Moses served in the Mormon Battalion with his son Edward. They were both discharged in California, and Moses came on to Utah in 1847. He purchased land in Salt Lake City in 1848. It is believed that his son remained in California and came to Utah by 1848. At some point, he returned to Winter Quarters because he crossed the plains with 5 other people, listed as "Dr. Wade" with the Warren Foote Company in 1850. Further research is needed to determine who those five people were.
His birth date is confirmed by the Patriarchal Blessing Index.
- Age at Departure: 55
- Age at Departure: 57
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- Rebaptisms in Great Salt Lake Valley: 1847-1854, 1858-1863 [Index].
- Ron Watt, Iowa Branch Index, 1839-1859.
- Salt Lake City Property Index.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Warren Foote Emigrating Company Journal, 1850 June-September.
- Warren Foote autobiography and journals, 1837-1903, vol. 1, 110-26.