- Birth Date
- 16 August 1811
- Death Date
- 8 November 1872
William Wesley Willis
3rd Lieutenant; Willis Sick Detachment. William was re-baptized at Salt Lake City on 8 August 1847.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Allen, Franklin, Diary, 1846 Jul-1848 Oct.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 , , 244-45.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Thomas, Hayward, Reminiscences and journal, 14-16.
- Treasures of Pioneer History, vol. 4, p. 474.