- Birth Date
- 11 January 1834
- Death Date
- 4 June 1914
The Cluff family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Edward Hunter Company in 1850. The family included David and his wife Elizabeth Betsy Hall, and their eleven sons: David Jr., Moses, Benjamin, William Wallace, Joseph, Harvey Harris, Samuel Sampson, Hyrum, Henry, Alfred Aaron, and Orson.
The 1850 Utah census incorrectly shows the family's surname as "Celiff."
Joseph later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 16
- David Cluff Sr. (Age: 55)
- Elizabeth Betsy Cluff (Age: 44)
- David Cluff Jr. (Age: 23)
- Moses Cluff (Age: 22)
- Benjamin Cluff (Age: 20)
- William Wallace Cluff (Age: 18)
- Harvey Harris Cluff (Age: 14)
- Samuel Sampson Cluff (Age: 12)
- Hyrum Cluff (Age: 9)
- Henry Cluff (Age: 7)
- Alfred Aaron Cluff (Age: 5)
- Orson Cluff (Age: 2)
- Age at Departure: 22