- Birth Date
- 4 December 1830
- Death Date
- 9 January 1908
Joseph Bonapart Alvord
Joseph initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the George A. Smith/Dan Jones Company of 1849. However, his name also appears in some records associated with the Silas Richards Company of 1849. These documents suggest that he was part of the ox teams. He later participated as one of the rescuers that was sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 18
- Age at Departure: 25
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Joseph B. Alvord Answers Last Call," Deseret Evening News, 11 January 1908, 3.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 6.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 8H.
- Strong, Alice Walsh, Autobiographical sketch, in Josiah Rogerson, Papers [ca. 1895-1914], fd. 2.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.