- Birth Date
- 19 September 1811
- Death Date
- 3 October 1881
In the 1847 Brigham Young Company, Orson was part of the 1st Company of Ten led by Wilford Woodruff.
Orson Pratt's family traveled somewhat independently although he was initially organized as a leader in and a part of Cummings's company. He traveled at some times with and assisted John Brown's company. He arrived in Salt Lake city on 4 October.
He was the Captain of the 1854 company. His wife accompanied him on this journey.
Orson came from California, leaving December 1857, arriving in Utah in 1858.
He served several missions.
In 1867, he was a returning missionary from Austria.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Age at Departure: 39
- Age at Departure: 42
- Company Captain
- Age at Departure: 46
- Company Captain, Returning Missionary
- Age at Departure: 50
- Returning Missionary
- Age at Departure: 55
- Returning Missionary
- Addison Everett diary, 1847 April.
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Alfred Cordon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- Amasa M. Lyman collection, 1832-1877, Journal, 1847 April 8-September 10, 1-26 and 1-10. Events recorded by Albert Carrington.
- Appleton M. Harmon diary, 1847 April-July.
- Carroll, Charles Negus, Life sketch, in Library of Congress, Collection of Mormon diaries [1935-1938], reel 2, item 6, 7-8.
- Charles A. Harper diary, 1847 April-August.
- Charles Wilson Nibley, "Account concerning Erastus Snow and the Mormon Pioneers, 1920," 45-46.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- Erastus Snow journals, 1835-1851; 1856-1857, 1847 April-December, 1-92.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George Benjamin Wallace Emigrating Company journal, 1847 June-September.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Historian's Office, Journal 1844-1997, 19 Jan. 1858.
- "Horace K. Whitney to My dear wife, 4 May 1847," in We'll Find the Place: The Mormon Exodus, 1846-1848 by Richard E. Bennett, 134-35.
- Horace Thornton letter to Brother G. Rognon, 29 December 1896, 1-3. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Howard Egan, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- John Brown reminiscences and journals, 1843-1896, Volume 1, 56-70.
- Journal History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 15.
- Levi Jackman journal, 1847 March-1849 April, 35-59.
- Lewis Barney autobiography and diary, 1878-1883.
- Lorenzo Dow Young diaries, 1846-1852 and 1888-1891, in Lorenzo D. Young papers, 1846-1894.
- Millen Atwood journal, 1847 April-July.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Pratt, Orson, et. al., to Brigham Young, 8 Aug. 1854, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 54, box 41, fd. 2.
- Pratt, Orson, to Brigham Young, 29 June 1854, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 54, box 41, fd. 2.
- "Reminiscences, 1851-1853." In John D. T. McAllister journals 1851-1906. (MS 1257, Reel 1, Box 1, Folder 1), 6-7.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Shumway, Andrew Purley, Reminiscences, 1869.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Wilford Woodruff journal, 1847 January-1853 December, 25-77.
- William A. Empey, "The Journal of William A. Empey, May 7-August 4, 1847," edited by Dale L. Morgan, Annals of Wyoming (July-October 1949), 124-33.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.
- Woodruff, Wilford, Wilford Woodruff's Journal, vol. 5, 1 Jan. 1857 to 31 Dec. 1861, ed. Scott G. Kenney , 158.