- Birth Date
- 30 September 1801
- Death Date
- 31 October 1852
William sailed to America in 1848 on the ship Carnatic with his niece Charlotte Katherine Melland. The index to the ship manifest incorrectly shows his name as "Broomhue," age 14, but the New Orleans passenger list clearly shows his surname as "Broomhead" born about 1802. Charlotte came on to Utah with the 1851 John G. Smith pioneer company.
William came to the Salt Lake Valley in 1852 with his family. Further research is needed to determine the name of the pioneer company with which he traveled.
His death date found in the Trustee-in-Trust financial papers.
- Age at Departure: 50
- Head of Household
- New Orleans, Passenger List Quarterly Abstracts, 1820-1875.
- Presiding Bishopric. Immigrant Location Committee Minutes, (20 September - 13 October 1852).
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Trustee-in-Trust (1841-), Miscellaneous financial papers.