- Birth Date
- 5 November 1832
- Death Date
- 7 September 1925
Elijah Hiett Maxfield
Elijah initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the John G. Smith Company in 1851. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 18
- John Ellison Maxfield (Age: 50)
- Sarah Elizabeth Maxfield (Age: 39)
- Richard Dunwell Maxfield (Age: 20)
- James Appleton Maxfield (Age: 14)
- William Wellner Maxfield (Age: 11)
- John Ellis Maxfield (Age: 9)
- Sarah Elizabeth Maxfield (Age: 7)
- Joseph Smith Maxfield (Age: 4)
- Henry Adheimer Maxfield (Age: Infant)
- Age at Departure: 23
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Maxfield, Elijah H. to S. S. Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 28 September 1906. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook 1906-1914, fd. 2.
- Utah Death Certificates.