- Birth Date
- 3 November 1799
- Death Date
- 30 September 1883
William Hawk Sr.
He traveled in a party of sixteen men from San Francisco, leaving there on 15 April. They were the first to carry mail from there to the Missouri River. They arrived in Salt Lake about mid-June after which Hawk continued on with the mail. He returned to the Salt Lake Valley the following year with the Allen Taylor Company.
William was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 14 April 1850.
- Age at Departure: 48
- Age at Departure: 49
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Adams, William, [Autobiography], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 32:11-12.
- "Allen Taylor's 100, first 50, report, 1849 September 3." In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849. (MS 14290, Reel 3, Box 2, Folder 40)
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Hill, Ivy, William Blood: His Posterity and Biographies of Their Progenitors
- Ivy Hooper Blood Hill, compiler and editor, William Blood: His Posterity and Biographies of Their Progenitors (Logan: J.P. Smith and Sons, 1962), 14-16.
- Martha M. Morgan, A Trip Across the Plains in the Year 1849 with Notes of a Voyage to California by Way of Panama (Fairfield, Washington: Ye Galleon Press, 1983), 7-20.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Silas Harris, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.