- Birth Date
- 14 September 1825
- Death Date
- 10 September 1899
John Conrad Naegle
John went to California as a member of the Mormon Battalion, He remained in California and purchased land there. He went east again, met and married his wife, Mary Louisa, in Indiana in June 1853, and they came to Utah the same year.
John was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 6 November 1853.
In 1856 he was appointed captain of the company on 22 September. His surname is often spelled "Naile."
- Age at Departure: 27
- Age at Departure: 30
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- Early Missionary Database
- Find a Grave (Website)
- John Conrad Naegle, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 4.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Smith, Silas Sanford, Journal 1854-1906.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1908-1949.