- Birth Date
- 24 June 1835
- Death Date
- 22 November 1915
Ellen Mary Bone
Ellen Mary Carter
William and Ellen Bone emigrated from England in 1857. They were going to travel with Ellen's mother and siblings in 1856. They appear on the Thornton passenger list, however, Ellen was pregnant with their first child, and they did not cross the ocean at that time. In 1857, they sailed on the George Washington, and arrived in New York on 20 April. After they arrived, they went to stay with Ellen's family. They were there for four years in order to save up enough money to head to Utah. While they were in New York they had two more children, Rhoda Jane, and William James. Circumstantial evidence from census, genealogical, and newspaper records proves the Bone family traveled to Utah in 1861. According to Ellen's brother James' obituary, they traveled to Utah with the Andrus Company of 1861.
Her given name is "Helen" on the 1857 ship manifest and "Eun" on the 1870 Utah census.
- Age at Departure: 24
- 1870 Utah Census, Davis County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Kaysville Woman Called, Age 78," Davis County Clipper , 26 Nov. 1915, 1.
- "Mrs. Ellen Carter Bone Dies at Kaysville," Deseret Evening News , 23 Nov. 1915, 12.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificates.
- "Utah Pioneer Dead," Salt Lake Herald , 13 Mar. 1900, 5.