- Birth Date
- 14 March 1860
- Death Date
- 21 April 1920
Elizabeth Maria Bachman
Jacob, his wife Elizabeth and their children Maria, Verna, Jacob, Elizabeth and Emil sailed to America in 1862 on the ship Windermere, arriving in New York on 8 July 1862. In a life sketch, written in 1915, the daughter Elizabeth, who was just a toddler at the time of travel, indicates that the family arrived in the Valley in December 1863. This is very unlikely as there is no record of a company arriving so late in the season, and there is no mention of them remaining in the East for a year after arriving in the States.
The Bachman family lost a newborn baby on the trail. The Jacob Zollinger reminiscences of the 1862 Dame company mention a newborn with the family name of Bachofen who died on the trail. It is assumed that this was the child of Jacob and Elizabeth Bachman, which would place the family in this company.
- Age at Departure: 2
- 1880 Utah Census, Weber County.
- 1900 Idaho Census
- "Deaths and Funerals," Ogden Standard-Examiner, 25 April 1920, 13.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Reeder, Elizabeth Bachman, Autobiographical sketch, in Genealogical Charts and Biographical Sketches of Members of the L.D.S. Church, Ogden Stake , 26 vols., 9:16.
- Zollinger, Jacob, [History of the Zollinger family, including Jacob and Rosetta], in Mormon biographical sketches collection [ca. 1900-1975], reel 14, box 19, fd. 10, item 10, 3.
- Zollinger, Jacob, Reminiscences, 13-14, in Ruth Zollinger, comp., Jacob Zollinger family genealogy.