- Birth Date
- 8 October 1801
- Death Date
- 14 June 1879
He was originally Captain of the 1st Ten and Company President in the 1849 Silas Richards company, then resigned 2 Aug and became part of the Smith/Jones Company.
- Age at Departure: 47
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 51
- Company Captain
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Clawson, Moses, Autobiography 1853, 13.
- Clawson, Moses, to Brigham Young, 7 Aug. 1853, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 32, box 23, fd. 1.
- Edwards, William, [Autobiographical sketch], in Pioneer Pathways [1998- ], 6:77.
- Gibson, William, Journals, 1841-1874, fd. 3, 194-95.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 8C.
- Missionary Database
- Salisbury, David, Life history of David Salisbury: Copied from his own diary , , [4-6].
- Samuel W. Richards papers, 1839-1909, 1839 April-1840 May.
- Silas Richards diaries, 1846 May-1855 July, Diary, 1849-1853, 1-36.
- Silas Richards reminiscences and journal, circa 1849-1871, transcribed by Ailcy C. Morrell, 4-12.
- St. Louis Company report, 1853 June 30.
- Taylor, James Whitehead, Autobiographical sketch, in Robert Joseph Taylor, ed., The James Whitehead and Ann Rogers Taylor Family , 3.