- Birth Date
- 28 June 1813
- Death Date
- 9 June 1878
Orrin Porter Rockwell
Orrin was part of the 10th Company of Ten led by Appleton M. Harmon. Though Rockwell initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with Brigham Young's 1847 vanguard company, he traveled back and forth across the plains several times.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Age at Departure: 37
- Age at Departure: 42
- Age at Departure: 43
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Appleton M. Harmon diary, 1847 April-July.
- "Arrivals," Deseret News [Weekly], 10 October 1855, 245.
- Barney, Lewis, Autobiography and diary 1878-1883, reel 5, item 5, 32-38.
- Cantwell, James to S. S. Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 28 Sep. 1906. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914f, fd 2.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- Erastus Snow journals, 1835-1851; 1856-1857, 1847 April-December, 1-92.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George Benjamin Wallace Emigrating Company journal, 1847 June-September.
- Grant, Caleb, [Report], Dec. 12, 1856, in Journal History, 9 Nov. 1856, 31-35.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Howard Egan, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- Huntington, Oliver Boardman, Diary and reminiscences, 1843 June-1900 January [transcript], 105-107.
- Jacob, Norton, Reminiscence and journal 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Millen Atwood journal, 1847 April-July.
- "Names of Persons who started with the Train from Mormon Grove, who did not come through with it," in [Papers and rosters relating to emigration companies] 1846-1860s.
- Nelson, Bengt, "An Autobiography of Bengt Nelson, Sr., Together with a sketch of his wife Ellen J. Nelson," 9-10, 15-16.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 233.
- Rich, Charles Coulson, Diary, vol. 8, 65-72, in Collection, 1832-1908.
- Thomas Bullock correspondence and papers, 1837-1857.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Tippets, John Harvey, Autobiography [ca. 1882], 99-113.
- Wilford Woodruff journal, 1847 January-1853 December in Wilford Woodruff journals and papers, 1828-1898, 25-77.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.
- Woolley, Franklin Benjamin, Autobiography [ca. 1856], 13-15.
- Young, Lorenzo Dow, Diaries, 1846-1852 and 1888-1891, vol. 1.