- Birth Date
- 28 June 1813
- Death Date
- 9 June 1878
Orrin Porter Rockwell
Orrin was part of the 10th Company of Ten led by Appleton M. Harmon. Though Rockwell initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with Brigham Young's 1847 vanguard company, he traveled back and forth across the plains several times.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Age at Departure: 37
- Age at Departure: 42
- Age at Departure: 43
- Age at Departure: 34
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Appleton M. Harmon diary, 1847 April-July.
- "Arrivals," Deseret News [Weekly], 10 October 1855, 245.
- Caleb Grant report, 12 December 1856, in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 9 November 1856, 31-35.
- Cantwell, James to S. S. Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 28 Sep. 1906. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914f, fd 2.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- Erastus Snow journals, 1835-1851; 1856-1857, 1847 April-December, 1-92.
- Find a Grave
- George Benjamin Wallace Emigrating Company journal, 1847 June-September.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Henry G. Boyle reminiscences and diaries, 1846-1888, 40-41.
- John H. Tippets autobiography, circa 1882, 99-113.
- John J. Riser in Army of Israel: Mormon Battalion Narratives (2000) edited by David L. Bigler and Will Bagley, 399.
- Lewis Barney autobiography and diary, 1878-1883.
- Lorenzo Dow Young diaries, 1846-1852 and 1888-1891, in Lorenzo D. Young papers, 1846-1894.
- Millen Atwood journal, 1847 April-July.
- "Names of Persons who started with the Train from Mormon Grove, who did not come through with it," Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 9 November 1856, 35.
- Nelson, Bengt, "An Autobiography of Bengt Nelson, Sr., Together with a sketch of his wife Ellen J. Nelson," 9-10, 15-16.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Oliver B. Huntington diary and reminiscences, 1843 June-1900 January.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 233.
- Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878: Major Howard Egan's Diary, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- Rich, Charles Coulson, Diary, vol. 8, 65-72, in Collection, 1832-1908.
- "The Utah Pioneers," Deseret Weekly, 25 August 1894, 294.
- Thomas Bullock correspondence and papers, 1837-1857.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Wilford Woodruff journal, 1847 January-1853 December, 25-77.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.
- Woolley, Franklin Benjamin, Autobiography [ca. 1856], 13-15.