- Birth Date
- 13 July 1837
- Death Date
- 10 October 1918
It appears that Alexander and his wife Elizabeth Jane Fowle traveled from Cape Town South Africa to Boston, Massachusetts under assumed surnames (Lewis and Davison) on ship Alacrity. According to a historical sketch written by Emma Dawson Simpson their daughter who cared for her father during his last illness, Alexander and his wife joined with the Bodily family (who had sailed with them from South Africa,) to buy a horse, a cow and a wagon which they used while crossing the plains; also, they traveled "in a party of about 70 persons with Nephi Johnson as their Captain and Brother Budge as their president."
- Age at Departure: 22
- 1860, Nebraska Census, Douglas County.
- 1870 Utah Census, Davis County.
- 1900 Utah Census, Davis County.
- "Alexander Dawson Called by Death," Davis County Clipper , 11 Oct. 1918.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Historical Sketch of Alexander Dawson."
- Massachusetts, Boston Passenger Lists, 1820-1891
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Cemetery Abstracts
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.