- Birth Date
- 22 January 1818
- Death Date
- 12 November 1901
Joseph Alva Rooker Sr.
Joseph Rooker was part of the 11th Company of Ten led by John S. Higbee. At some point he returned to Winter Quarters to collect his family. They are seen crossing the plains with the 1852 Curtis Company, in which Joseph served as captain of the third ten.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Age at Departure: 34
- Head of Household
- "16th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 16th Company of 50 report, 1852 July 4.
- 1860 California Census.
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- John S. Higbee reminiscences and diaries, 1845-1866. Transcriptions from volumes 1 and 2.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 103.
- “Life and Journeys of John Somers Higbee,” Iron County Record, 16 February 1929.
- Presiding Bishopric. Immigrant Location Committee Minutes, (20 September - 13 October 1852).
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.