- Birth Date
- 25 December 1808
- Death Date
- 25 January 1897
Mary Ann Blanks Harmon
Mary Ann Blanks Smithson
Mary Ann is the daughter of Bartlett Smithson and his wife Sarah Weatherford and the wife of James Harmon. En route from Mississippi to the Great Salt Lake Valley the Harmon family stopped at Pueblo, Colorado for the winter. In 1847 they continued on in company with members of the Mormon Battalion Sick Detachment under the leadership of James Brown (see the Book of the Pioneers entries for sons James Bartlett Harmon, John Taylor Harmon and daughter Josephine Evans--vol. 1, p 226, 304 and 305.) In the 1860 Utah census Mary Ann and her children were in Centerville, Davis County under the surname "Harmell." Mary Ann is buried in Centerville.
- Age at Departure: 38
- 1860 Utah Census, Davis County.
- Book of the Pioneers, Book 1, p. 226.
- Book of the Pioneers, Book 1, p. 304.
- Book of the Pioneers, Book 1, p. 305.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 341.