- Birth Date
- 22 August 1821
- Death Date
- 7 February 1904
"I was quite sick there [St. Louis] during the summer of 1851 until about the middle of July when I started for Salt Lake to cross the plains and it took us all the summer remaining until 29 September 1852 when we arrived in the valley of Salt Lake." (Edward Ashton)
The Edward Ashton and Jane Treharne Ashton account says, "Edward's record states that he traveled in the William Morgan company, which left Council Bluffs on June 28."
Edward Sailed to America in 1850 on the ship Joseph Badger.
Edward is not listed on the company roster.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Ashton, George S. and Saxton, Florence A.R. The Life Story of Edward Ashton.
- "Early Settler Dead," Deseret Evening News, 8 Feb. 1904, 10.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 7 February 1904, 3.
- The Edward Ashton and Jane Treharne Ashton Legacy of Faith, Chapter 3, p. 13.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.